Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vacation



I've been back at work for less than a week and I feel as though I need another vacation. Poor me, eh? Well, not really. My family took full advantage of our time away. Our good friends have a mountain place on Kicking Horse Mountain, which we enjoyed on our trip to Lake Okanagan. Our boys had a blast climbing the mountain and visiting Boo the bear. For its part, the Okanagan valley is one of the most striking and beautiful places I have ever been - not to mention the wonderful wineries that dot the landscape.

After enjoying the mountains we headed East to visit family in Winnipeg. This prairie city stands in stark contrast with the Rocky Mountains, but, to be fair, has some charms of its own. To my extreme benefit, Rodrigo Munduruca runs his academy in Winnipeg. I was able to train with this excellent group of girls and guys several times during my visit. I don't know if you ever experience this, but after a week or so of not training I get more than a little twitchy and (at least my wife says) a touch irritable. So, it was good for everyone involved that I was able to train. If you ever find yourself in the 'Peg (hopefully not in the Winter!), check out Rod's club.

As the picture above suggests, the kids had tremendous fun visiting their grandparents on Lake Winnipeg. However, what the picture does not say is that 2 minutes after it was taken, Rush (what I call my son Taryk - he's always in a hurry) slammed the tractor he was driving into the cottage. Fortunately, no one was injured and the fun continued when we visited the Royal Tyrrell dinosaur museum in Drumheller, AB.. For my boys who love everything dinosaur, this was one of the major highlights. The museum is truly world class and fun for the whole family.



best,
Bryan

No comments: