Friday, June 5, 2009

The shoe is on the other foot

I just finished being interviewed about the study. I had nothing to worry about - the reporter could not have been nicer or more interested in what I am doing. The conversation was very enjoyable and I look very much forward to seeing the result in print.

In other news, I met with campus rec at the UofA where I teach about the possibility of establishing a BJJ club on campus. Evidently, the rules surrounding clubs have changed such that they are moving to a system of classes (not socio-economic mind you) where individuals would sign up for the class instead of the club. Because we (Misty will be co-teaching with me) will be teaching content, campus rec maintains we are teaching a classes rather than forming a club. Whatever the case, I'm delighted to have BJJ recognized by the University and excited by the prospect of teaching this Fall. 

It concerns me more than a little, however, that former disgruntled students make enroll for the sole purpose of choking me out for failing them ;-).

Bryan
bjjstudy@gmail.com  

No comments: